I found a simple recipe and added my own twist. The results were absolutely delicious! I've also made the recipe with 1-6 oz container each of the berries and 6 oz give or take (more like give) of frozen mixed berries with results being SPECTACULAR!
5 tbsp butter
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz cream cheese
1 - 12 oz container raspberries
1 - 6 oz container blackberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Melt butter and pour into bottom of your dish (7 x 11 or about that size.
3. Combine 1 cup sugar with flour, milk, egg, and baking powder and add to your dish. Do not stir.
4. Sprinkle berries over batter. Do not stir.
5. Combine 1/4 sugar with cream cheese and place small dabs in spaces between berries. Do not stir.
6. Combine remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and vanilla. Sprinkle sugar evenly over berries and cream cheese.
7. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on baking dish or until top is brown (I used stoneware and it took a full hour).
8. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
We topped ours with frozen whipped cream and there were no complaints!