This is one of those simple recipes. And by simple, I mean 1) it's really easy and 2) you can't really mess this one up. Not mention this recipe has a lot, and I mean a lot, of ingredients that are delicious on their own so by pure common sense, when united together they create pure fantasticalness! (Yes, "fantasticalness" is a word according to my automated spell checker.) So now that I have raved about this dessert, here's how it goes:
1 box brownie mix (for 13x9 pan) + ingredients to make brownies (I told you it was simple!)
2 small boxes cheesecake pudding mix (white chocolate or vanilla will work in primitive conditions)
1 cup milk
20 crushed Oreos (I didn't lie about delicious ingredients)
1 16 oz container whipped topping
1/4 cup instant coffee granules
2 tablespoons chocolate morsels or 1/2 of a Hershey's Bar
1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Prepare brownies as directed on the back of the box in a 9X13 pan. Let cool completely.
2. In a bowl, combine milk and instant coffee granules. Add half the
whipped topping and all the pudding mix; whisk until smooth.
3. Coarsely chop the Oreos and fold into pudding mixture.
4. Spread filling over brownie.
5. Spread remaining whipped topping over desert.
6. Grate chocolate morsel over the brownie and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Yield 20 servings
- I have also added Baileys to the oreo/pudding mix . . . not too shabby . . .
- Use an additional 8 oz container of whipped cream to pipe around the dessert to make it pretty
- Sprinkle with mini holiday m&m's for a festive touch
- Not a coffee lover, don't worry about the coffee. If coffee is your lifeline, add more!
- FYI: the cheesecake pudding mix comes in a sugar free version as does brownie mix, whipped cream, and Oreos in case you need a less-sugar-yet-still-delicious kind of dessert