3 lbs ground sausage (1 hot, 1 regular, and 1 light)
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
1/4 tsp pepper
salt to taste
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups self rising flour
3 tbs butter
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
1. Brown sausage over medium heat in large skillet.
2. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of flour over browned sausage and stir. The mixture will become thick. Add salt and pepper.
3. Slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk stir and repeat. Add remaining milk and simmer until the gravy becomes thick. Stir constantly.
4. Place sausage gravy in a greased 13x9 pan.
5. Combine the self-rising flout and buttermilk until well mixed.
6. Spoon 12 biscuits (3 rows of 4) onto sausage gravy.
7. Cut butter into 12 equal pieces and place one slice on each biscuit
8. Bake at 425 F for 45 minutes until biscuits are browned