Friday, July 29, 2011

Fish Stick Friday

A meal so glorious, it needs no further introduction.






I know you are thinking WOAH! This is supposed to be a blog about delicious food cooked in my kitchen and big metal chickens and you are talking about fish sticks? Yes I am.

For the last 25 years as a camper, counselor, and staff member, I could always count on Fridays as being Fish Stick Friday at Camp Arrowhead/Honey Creek (excluding when Merry 1/2 Christmas and Happy 1/2 Valentines fell on a Friday, then it was your standard holiday meal of turkey, dressing, green beans, yams, strawberry shortcake and the adored and glorified chocolate milk). This Friday meal ALWAYS consists of crispy fish sticks, creamy macaroni and cheese, bright green peas, and gooey brownies with icing. Today there was a little carrot action in the peas, which I really didn't care for. The important part is that there were green peas. It's a timeless meal that my camp roommate/mom's best friend/second mom enjoyed when she was a camper in the '60s. BEST. CAMP. LUNCH. EVER

No comments:

Post a Comment